A tool to use to help your farm business move toward reducing waste and to a Circular Agriculture Economy.
Ask yourself these questions... What can you do using the 10 R's of Porohita 10?
For example; What can you 'Reduce' your use of? What can you just simply 'Refuse' to use? Can you 'Redesign' how or what you need? What can you 'Recycle' more of - or better?
The essence of the Porohita 10 is to help guide your decision making - but we give you plenty of tips and hints along the way!
What can you rethink in your business?
- Where is your waste going?
- Where could it go?
- With all the changes - what can you rethink?
What can you redesign in your business?
- How do you collect your waste now?
- Can you use systems or products that have less waste impact?
What can you just simply refuse to use?
- When looking for products - can you refuse the ones that cant be returned, recycled, etc?
What can you reduce your use of?
- Can products be bought in bulk to reduce packaging requirements?
- Can you reduce the supply chain?
What can be reused?
- The aim is to keep items at their highest possible use - can you look at what you are reusing and see if you can do better?
Can a product be repaired?
- Do you need to but a new 'something' or can the product be repaired?
- When you buy something - look to see that it is repairable.
Can you make a decision that regenerates the farm or environment?
- How about buying local to regenerate local supply chains.
What do you recycle?
- Is there more you could recycle?
- Who do you buy your products from?
- Will they recycle?
There are product stewardship schemes like Agrecovery to return packaging.
- What do you need to know and do to return your packaging?
What is regulated in your area?
- What can you do with waste?
- Who can you talk to, to do better with waste?